HealthTrust Workforce Solutions Medical Technologist - Perm in Atlanta, Georgia
Entrust Your Career to HealthTrust!
Shift Details: Nights (3 12's with Rotating Weekends)
As HealthTrust Workforce Solutions, we focus on a healthcare facility’s most valuable resource for delivering exceptional patient experiences – its people. We believe healthcare isn’t defined by the four walls in which it’s practiced. It’s defined by the people for whom and by whom it is delivered.
Fantastic opportunity for a Medical Technologist I at a beautiful facility located near Atlanta, GA.
Atlanta Hospital – a 643-bed, private, not-for-profit hospital – is a leader in patient care that’s helped the Atlanta community get better and stay well for more than a century. Named the top acute-care community hospital in metro Atlanta in U.S. News and World Report’s Best Hospitals list, Atlanta hospital consistently ranks in the top five among metro Atlanta hospitals in patient experience scores.
Independently performs laboratory procedures for which the technologist has been trained and demonstrated competency. Independently performs laboratory testing on patients of all ages using professional knowledge of laboratory procedures, executing, interpreting and/or analyzing, in an accurate and timely manner.
• Performs clinical laboratory procedures following established guidelines. Responsible for accuracy of the test results.
• Resolves technical problems and exhibits other critical thinking skills.
• Performs and monitors Quality Control /instrument maintenance.
• Enters/ retrieves/ transmits laboratory test data into LIS/HIS.
• Maintains complete and accurate documentation.
• Complies with regulations of all existing applicable state, federal and regulatory agencies.
• Demonstrates proficiency in the use of the Laboratory Information System.
• Attends regularly scheduled meetings as indicated by Department Supervisor
• Proficient in all applicable areas of testing including troubleshooting of instruments and resolving technical problems.
• Performs other duties as may be assigned.
• Oversees the work of technicians, phlebotomists or lab assistants as directed by laboratory leadership.
• Assists with the maintaining and stocking of supplies.
• Participates in departmental QA.
• One year of supervised clinical experience as a medical technologist in a clinical laboratory (Experience within the last year)
• ASCP is the preferred certification,(Will not accept candidates who hold an AAB – MT-P, which is a provisional certification. This certification does not meet the minimum qualifications of the position).
• Bachelor’s Degree in clinical laboratory science, biomedical science, medical technology or in a life / biological science (biology, biochemistry, microbiology, etc.) preferred.
Full benefits included!
Together with our healthcare facility partners, we ensure that healthcare professionals have the skills, tools and support needed to fulfill their mission of delivering exceptional patient experiences. This means taking a holistic, long-term view of your career options and taking as good a care of our people as our hospital partners take of their patients. When healthcare professionals are empowered with the right skills, tools and employment opportunity to fulfill their mission – something incredible happens. Patient satisfaction soars, employee collaboration takes hold and healthcare organizations deliver high quality, sustainable access to care.
Not interested in candidates who are certified in a specific area of the lab, such as Micro, Blood Bank, etc. We are looking for a generalist.
Salary Range: $24.64/hr - $38/hr ( all depends on the candidates years of experience; to be considered for the Max, candidates need to have 10+ years of experience) *They also have shift differential
Sign On: NO SIGN ON
Relocation Assistance: Case by Case
Specialty: Medical Technician
Job Type: Full-Time