HealthTrust Workforce Solutions Registered Nurse (RN) - Intensive Care Unit / Emergency Department (ICU / ED) - StaRN Instructor in El Paso, Texas
JOB TITLE – Registered Nurse (RN) - Intensive Care Unit / Emergency Department (ICU / ED) - StaRN Instructor
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES
This position delivers training for new Registered nurses transitioning to independent practice in their new role as a registered nurse. Specialty training included and not limited to Medical Surgical Nursing, Medical Surgical Telemetry, ICU, ED, Behavioral Health, Women’s Services, Labor and Delivery, Cath Lab, PICU, Pediatrics, and OR. This position also delivers training to non-licensed caregiver in various roles including PCT, PCT Lead and MHT. The Instructor will be under the direction and supervision of a HealthTrust Workforce Solutions Clinical Director. Instructors assist with skills instruction and simulation training and occasional classroom projects.
SUPERVISOR – Regional Clinical Manager
SUPERVISES – N/A
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO :
This position is responsible for delivery of resident training programs focused on the implementation and use of
specialty certification curriculum for new nurses in the HealthTrust Workforce Solutions Nurse Residency
Program. It requires interaction with Regional Clinical Managers and other full time and per diem HealthTrust Workforce Solutions instructors to ensure training programs are focused on the needs of our customers and delivered effectively.
Responsible for course instruction including classroom, simulation, and site visits
Responsible for maintaining and logging supplies for current and upcoming weeks
Assists and evaluates course content
Hours vary according to training schedule and needs but typically 7:00am-5:00pm
Self-directed and motivated
Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
Strong analytical skills
Must have clear speaking voice and good hearing
Able to treat coworkers and residents with dignity and respect
All other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Communication – strong presentation skills, including clear and concise verbal and written communication.
• Adaptability – ability to maintain effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks and/or work environment; adjusts effectively to rapidly changing work structures, processes, requirements and cultures.
• Energy – consistently maintains high levels of activity and productivity while sustaining long working hours when necessary; operates with vigor, effectiveness, flexibility, and determination over extended periods.
• Contribution to Team Success – actively participates as a member of a team to move toward the completion of goals.
• Tactical Execution – demonstrates personal ownership of tasks and follows through to drive and obtain results.
• Functional Knowledge – general understanding and knowledge of hospital operations, adult learning principles.
• Customer Orientation – establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations.
• PC Skills – demonstrates strong proficiency in Microsoft applications including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint; experience in using web-based development and authoring products such as learning management systems,
• Stress Tolerance – maintains stable performance under pressure or opposition (such as time pressure or job ambiguity); handles stress in a manner that is acceptable to others and the organization.
POSITION TYPE AND EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a Per Diem hourly position. Days and hours of work are usually Monday through Friday, 7:00a.m. to 5:00p.m. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand. Schedule is subject to change. Calls/Emails of high importance that require immediate attention must be handled accordingly.
Position requires ability to fly on airplanes, be properly licensed and able to rent and drive an automobile and work in diverse office settings.
• Registered Nurse (RN)
• Associates, Bachelors and Masters Degrees eligible
• ACLS/BLS required except for NICU candidates who are required to have NRP
• Minimum of 3-5 years of recent clinical nursing
• Specialties include Medical Surgical Nursing, Medical Surgical Telemetry, ICU, ED, Behavioral Health, Women’s Services, Labor and Delivery, Cath Lab, PICU, Pediatrics and OR. Training is also provided for CNAs.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS –
Position requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping, and stretching. Must be able to carry and move boxes weighing up to 50 LBS Requires normal range of hearing, verbal communication and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriately to perform job responsibilities.
Job Board: EV
Specialty: StaRN Instructor
Job Type: Full-Time