HealthTrust Workforce Solutions Clinical Documentation Reconciliation Specialist-Clinical Documentation - Per Diem in Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Entrust Your Career to HealthTrust
Clinical Documentation Reconciliation Specialist-Clinical Documentation - Per Diem
PRN Remote Clinical Documentation Reconciliation Specialist conducts a comprehensive retrospective review of clinical documentation within the medical record, CDI assigned DRG, and final coded DRG, to assure accurate DRG assignment. When differences exist between the CDI assigned DRG and the final coded DRG, the Clinical Documentation Reconciliation Spec may initiate a review by a HSC. If there is agreement that the final coded DRG should be modified, the Clinical Documentation Reconciliation Specialist will document this change and work to track the rebill process.
The Clinical Documentation Reconciliation Specialist must be a subject matter expert in Clinical Documentation and will adhere to process standardization to promote improved outcomes, maximize resource utilization, and improve organizational efficiencies. As an essential element to the overall success of the Clinical Documentation Improvement (CDI) Program, the Clinical Documentation Reconciliation Specialist consistently demonstrates a strong work ethic and commitment to excellence. This position requires the ability to function with moderate supervision in a rapidly changing environment and to serve as a subject matter expert.
• Assessment of Documentation in Health Records: Performs retrospective reviews of assigned population consistent with program volume and frequency requirements.
• Performs reconciliation of CDI assigned DRG against final coded DRG.
• Ensures documented conditions, clarifications, and coded diagnoses are clinically supported.
• Escalates DRG mismatches as appropriate per established protocols. Monitors HSC responses and rebill activity, as needed.
• Documents reviews and other pertinent information in designated systems by established deadlines.
• Customer Service and Collaboration: Collaborates with the Parallon HSC to assure accurate DRG assignment and billing. Develops collaborative relationships to facilitate accomplishment of work goals.
• Possesses excellent interpersonal skills in building, negotiating, and maintaining crucial relationships. Demonstrates a willingness and ability to assist others.
To get started, you will need:
High School Diploma or GED
Bachelors Degree Preferred
Minimum 3 years experience
About HealthTrust Workforce Solutions:
HealthTrust Workforce Solutions is a wholly-owned subsidiary of HCA Healthcare. HealthTrust is a preferred partner to thousands of top-performing hospitals, we provide our healthcare professionals with first-priority access to more than 200,000 jobs nationwide.
We offer a wide array of career options – including travel nurse jobs, per diem nursing jobs, local contract RN jobs, and nurse educator opportunities – Learn about all the ways we can help you find the career of your dreams at www.healthtrustjobs.com.
Not for You? Refer a Friend and Earn ($500) Five Hundred Dollars by Visiting https://hubs.ly/H0fXMW20
Live Chat with a Recruiter: http://bit.ly/ChatWithUsLive
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job Type: Per Diem