HealthTrust Workforce Solutions Women's Services Manager - StaRN in Houston, Texas
JOB TITLE – StaRN Women's Services Manager
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: This role is responsible for the development, oversight, analysis, implementation and on-going management of Mother Baby, Labor and Delivery, NICU and PICU Services education programs within HealthTrust Workforce Solutions. Additionally, improving quality of clinical services for HealthTrust and external clients within the market is required.
SUPERVISOR – Director of Educational Services
SUPERVISES –Clinical Instructors
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO :
• Supervises clinical instructors and manages staff performance and productivity;
• Ensures that HealthTrust educational programs are consistently delivered through formal and standardized program models;
• Conducts classroom, simulation and/or web-based instruction as necessary;
• Provides input with respect to curriculum and content design and program development;
• Participates in scenario development for clinical simulations;
• Fosters relationships with simulation partners;
• Keeps abreast of educational and/or learning methods and trains staff as appropriate;
• Directs, oversees and implements professional development programs for clients;
• Builds and fosters relationships with key clients and understand client’s educational needs and objectives;
• Manages measurement systems for capturing, analyzing, and reporting quality measures and educational program successes;
• Collaborates with a variety of internal and external sources for the purpose of planning, implementing and maintaining services and/or programs;
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES – This position requires the following minimal requirements:
• Organization – proactively prioritizes needs and effectively manages resources
• Communication - communicates clearly and concisely
Ownership – takes ownership of assigned responsibilities and follows through on outstanding issues
Functional Knowledge – general understanding and knowledge of hospital operations, adult learning principles and instructional design/development techniques including distance-learning methodologies.
• Leadership - guides individuals and groups toward desired outcomes, setting high performance standards and delivering leading quality services
• Interpersonal skills – able to work effectively with other employees and external parties
• Customer orientation - establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
• Policies & Procedures – demonstrates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures, and systems
• PC skills - skilled in Microsoft Office applications and others as required
• Project management - uses tools and processes to identify and communicate project goals, schedules, responsibilities, progress and performance
• Teambuilding - demonstrates ability to foster and perform in a team-building environment
POSITION TYPE AND EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK:
This is a full-time salaried position. Days and hours of work are typically Monday through Friday, 7:00a.m. to 5:00p.m. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand. Schedule is subject to change. Calls/Emails of high importance which require immediate attention must be handled accordingly.
Position requires ability to fly on airplanes, be properly licensed and able to rent and drive an automobile,and work in diverse office settings. Minimum 50% travel will be required.
- Bachelor’s Degree required-equivalent work experience may substitute degree requirement
• Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills
• Minimum of 3-5 years of recent hospital experience in Women Services areas
• Education Teaching Experience preferred
• Web-based development / delivery experiences preferred
CERTIFICATE/LICENSE – Registered Nurse License
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Exert up to 5 0 lbs force occasionally, and/or up to 20 lbs frequently and/or 10 lbs constantly.
Requires prolonged sitting some walking, standing, repetitive tasks/ motions and stretching.
Requires clarity of vision, eye-hand-foot coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, and other office equipment.
• Requires the perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction; ability to receive detailed information through oral communication and to make the discriminations in sound.
• Requires normal eyesight to record, prepare, and communicate appropriate reports.
- Requires dexterity to type
Specialty: StaRN Instructor
Job Type: Full-Time