HealthTrust Workforce Solutions Clinical Dietician - Per Diem in Okeechobee, Florida
[Raulerson Hospital] JOB DESCRIPTION
JOB TITLE: Clinical Dietician
DEPARTMENT: Food and Nutritional Services
REPORTS TO: Director of Food and Nutritional Services
The Clinical Dietician works under the direction of the Clinical Nutrition Services Manager to ensure that patient’s nutritional needs are met. Visits, screens and prioritizes patient care based on acuity level, affecting the nutritional care of patients. Assesses nutritional needs, develops and implements nutritional care, and evaluates and reports these results appropriately. Coordinates these activities with the department’s management team, cooperating with other areas of the department. Serves as a role model for the department.
• Appropriately documents medical nutrition treatment plan in the patient’s medical record indicating all pertinent data and information.
• Completes and documents patient education i.e. food drug interaction, nutrition counseling as appropriate in a timely manner.
• Completes Nutrition assessments and reassessments on patients in a timely manner as dictated by internal and external regulatory standards.
• Demonstrate appropriate use of PPE with a thorough understanding of procedures to minimize exposure in keeping with the safety culture within the hospital.
• Conducts Nutrition Screening / Prioritization of care for all patients that need to be seen on a daily basis.
• Attends multidisciplinary care plan rounds on assigned floors as indicated by hospital and department policy and procedures.
• Takes on an active role in the reviewing / developing and or approving of the diet manual, patient menus, nutrition education materials related to patient care.
• Plans, implements, correlates and supervises all activities related to the total therapeutic diet program and the teaching related to therapeutic diets.
• Organizes functions of Nutrition services through the appropriate assignment of responsibilities, delegation or authority, and overall direction of the work flow process.
• Applies current nutritional research as obtained.
• Interprets, evaluates and utilized pertinent current research relating to nutritional care.
• Records nutritional progress notes concisely and accurate in the medical record in the SOAP format utilizing existing online documents.
• Records special food preferences accurately and neatly in patient Kardex, includes all nourishments throughout the day.
• Maintains accurate records of each patient contact and the result of that contact;/ records pertinent information, diet, prescription, weights, labs, medications, and subjective patient information.
• Transcribes diet instruction and consults in the consultation log book as well as transcribing all pertinent patient information into the patient Kardex.
• Exhibits a professional image, have a clean and crisp appearance, wear ID badges visibly at all times.
• Completes other duties as assigned
• Registered Dietician with the American Dietetic Association Required
• Licensure with the State of Florida, Department of Professional Regulation, Board of Medicine Required.
• Degree in Human Nutrition or related area required
• One year of experience in healthcare nutrition management required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Adaptability – Effectively adapts to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
• Energy – Maintains high levels of activity or productivity; sustaining long working hours when necessary;
• Empathy – Deals effectively with others who may be experiencing stress and loss to reduce tension
• Stress Tolerance – Maintains stable performance under pressure
• Communication – Communicate clearly, proactively, and concisely with all key stakeholders, customers, and management
• Customer Engagement – Able to effectively engage with patients and family member as appropriate to meet there need and expectation for cleanliness during their stay
SPECIAL DEMANDS: Must be able to work in environments containing human blood and body fluids. Must be able to speak, write, and read in English.
• Age legend is applicable; this position has responsibility for the assessment, treatment or care of patients.
• Responsibility for the safety of others: Position requires that the employee be on constant alert for possible hazards that may create unsafe conditions in the hospital. Possible hazards that should be watched for include, but are not limited to: faulty equipment or machinery; spills on floors, etc. Such conditions must be immediately reported to the employee's supervisor or the Plant Operations department.
• Responsibility for physical assets: The employee will be responsible for the equipment and supplies that are issued to perform job functions during his/her shift. Employees are responsible for tagging and depositing with the Security Department personal property found during their duties.
The employee spends 75% of their time in a well-lighted, air-conditioned hospital environment. Variations in temperature may occur walking through the kitchen area or into refrigerator/freezer. Moderate intermittent noise from kitchen equipment and standard hospital noise. The potential for exposure to blood-borne pathogens and other potentially-infectious agents is minimal to none when performing managerial responsibilities and minimal when performing technical responsibilities.
This position requires thorough knowledge of both department and hospital policies and procedures, as well as regulatory requirements, relating to the field of Clinical Dietetics and Food Services. Interpretive management and supervisory skills are exercised in this position which involves frequent interactive and consultative associations. The ability to retrieve, communicate or otherwise present information in an oral, written or visual fashion is essential. The ability to coordinate all nutrition care functions is required. A professional demeanor and the ability to communicate effectively with patients, physicians, employees and visitors is required. The ability to maintain confidentiality of information is required. The dietitian participates in and represents the Marriott and Columbia organizations professionally and ethically as required. The dietitian assists ion the implementation of client- and patient-related programs, promotes teamwork to meet business goals and objectives, supports patient satisfaction programs and assists in maintaining hospital standards.
This position s primarily light work in nature. The maximum amount of lifting is 20 lbs. The position requires constant walking and sitting. The ability to transport light books and papers is required. A significant amount of writing is required. Involves frequent trips to patient floors. Requires the ability to exchange ideas by means of the spoken and written word.
DEGREE OF SUPERVISION:
Minimal, must be able to work independently
Computer, telephone, fax, and able to operate other routine office equipment.
Job Type: Per Diem