HealthTrust Workforce Solutions Registered Nurse (RN)-Vascular Access Charge (PICC)-Full Time in Orlando, Florida
POSITION TYPE: Full Time
SHIFT TYPE: Varies
PICC RN(Charge) is responsible for planning, organizing and evaluating patient care interventions and their effect on outcome. Supports staff, patient and family education to enhance knowledge, skills, and necessary behaviors to facilitate positive outcomes. Participates in performance improvement activities that ensure important processes and activities are measured, assessed, and improved systematically, maintains a safe and effective patient care environment.
Registered Nurse must demonstrate critical thinking skills, scientific judgment and leadership in the anticipation, planning, coordination and provision of care for the patient while performing clinical insertion of a Peripherally Inserted Central Catheter, Midline, Extended Dwell catheter or IV catheter as directed by direct supervisor.
The PICC specialist is responsible and accountable for placement and monitoring of Peripherally Inserted Central Catheter, Midline, Extended Dwell catheter or IV catheters with minimal supervision, under the order of a Medical Doctor and in accordance with the state Nurse Practice Act and hospital/department policies.
Must demonstrate knowledge and skill to carry out the nursing process when providing patient care satisfies established standards of nursing practice promotes teamwork with physicians, facility personnel and with other departments. Candidate must have proficient IV and or PICC insertions skills for the Adult and Pediatric population. Position will be required to float to other area facilities as deemed necessary by management and daily area facility and clinical needs. Call will be required.
• Graduate of a recognized RN program current licensure in good standing in the state of practice
• Evidence of 3-5 years of adult critical care nursing experience within the past five years or/PICC IV-Therapy experience
• Experienced with IV-Therapy/PICC Insertion preferred, ACLS, BLS required and PALS credentials required within 60 days
• Must have computer knowledge and experience using Microsoft Outlook
• Ability to learn advanced vascular access procedures for both Adult and Pediatric patients
• Ability to work 3-5 days per week as schedule demands or at management discretion
• Ability to travel within division and outside the market for training in other states as deemed necessary
Specialty: Vascular Access Services
Job Type: Per Diem