HealthTrust Workforce Solutions StaRN Case Management Education Coordinator Full-Time in Tampa, Florida
JOB TITLE – StaRN Case Management Education Coordinator Full-Time
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES
This position delivers training for registered nurses identified for the StaRN Case Management Program.
The StaRN Case Management Education Coordinator is responsible for leading, planning, developing, and delivering case management education material in the StaRN Program. Working in a variety of methods, the coordinator acts as a subject matter expert regarding case management education/training standards. Program will be aligned with HCA Corporate Case Management Education, incorporating HCA Case Management and standards of care. This position requires a subject matter expert in all areas of case management, clinical guidelines/processes, and regulatory standards. Assists with skills instruction and simulation training and occasional classroom projects.
SUPERVISOR – StaRN Education Director – HealthTrust Workforce Solutions
SUPERVISES – N/A
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO :
This position is responsible for delivery of case management StaRN training program.
It requires interaction with Regional Clinical Managers and other full time and per diem HealthTrust Workforce Solutions instructors to ensure training programs are focused on the needs of our customers and delivered effectively.
• Responsible for course instruction including classroom, simulation, and site visits
• Evaluate and ensure case management competency of students participating in the program
• Responsible for maintaining and logging supplies for current and upcoming weeks
• Develops, evaluates, and maintains course curriculum, aligning with HCA Case Management Education, to ensure content is current and accurate.
• Regularly interfaces with HCA Case Management Education Leadership, to ensure alignment
• Self-directed and motivated
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
• Strong analytical skills
• Must have clear speaking voice and good hearing
• Able to treat coworkers and residents with dignity and respect
• All other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Communication – strong presentation skills, including clear and concise verbal and written communication
• Adaptability – ability to maintain effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks and/or work environment; adjusts effectively to rapidly changing work structures, processes, requirements and cultures
• Energy – consistently maintains high levels of activity and productivity while sustaining long working hours when necessary; operates with vigor, effectiveness, flexibility and determination over extended periods
• Contribution to Team Success – actively participates as a member of a team to move toward the completion of goals
• Tactical Execution – demonstrates personal ownership of tasks and follows through to drive and obtain results
• Functional Knowledge – general understanding and knowledge of hospital operations, adult learning principles
• Customer Orientation – establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
• PC Skills – demonstrates strong proficiency in Microsoft applications including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint; experience in using web-based development and authoring products such as learning management systems
• Stress Tolerance – maintains stable performance under pressure or opposition (such as time pressure or job ambiguity); handles stress in a manner that is acceptable to others and the organization.
POSITION TYPE AND EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time salaried position. Days and hours of work are usually Monday through Friday, 7:00a.m. to 5:00p.m. Works within normal business hours, adjusting to time zones of markets requiring training. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand. Schedule is subject to change. Calls/Emails of high importance that require immediate attention must be handled accordingly.
Position requires ability to travel, be properly licensed and able to rent and drive an automobile, and work in diverse office settings. Minimum 50% travel will be required.
• Registered Nurse (RN) with current licensure
• Bachelor Degree in Nursing required, Masters in Education preferred
• CCM preferred
• Minimum of 5 years of recent clinical nursing
• Minimum of 5 years experience in Case Management in a hospital setting required
• Working knowledge of case management, discharge planning and care coordination functions within acute care
• Relevant healthcare education or formal education experience preferred, including: curriculum development, assessment, and online/classroom training delivery
• Leadership experience preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS
Position requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching. Must be able to carry and move boxes weighing up to 50 LBS. Requires normal range of hearing, verbal communication and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriately to perform job responsibilities.
Specialty: StaRN Instructor
Job Type: Full-time