HealthTrust Workforce Solutions Patient Transporter - Full Time in West Palm Beach, Florida
The Patient Transporter is responsible for the timely, efficient and safe transport of patients, equipment and supplies to and from assigned areas.
STANDARD I – Customer Service/Communication/Interpersonal Skills
• Strives to exceed expectations of internal and external customers: Patients, families, physicians, colleagues, visitors and vendors.
• Demonstrates appropriate communication skills in all interactions.
• Interacts with others in a spirit of teamwork and cooperation.
• Anticipates and provides resolution to issues based on the needs and expectations of our customers. Channels concerns appropriately through chain of command; deals with conflict appropriately, timely and privately.
• Treats others with respect at all times; maintains a work environment free of harassment, hostility, threats or violence.
STANDARD II – Job Knowledge/Productivity/Initiative
• Maintains certifications, education and development appropriate for position.
• Completes position responsibilities by following established guidelines and protocols within the appropriate time frame.
• Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of work practices/responsibilities/establishing priorities and roles in emergency procedures.
• Demonstrates self-direction, flexibility, professional development and willingness to master new skills.
• Has the ability to accept and act upon suggestions for improved performance.
• Completes all requires orientation and annual updates as appropriate to clinical placements.
• Knowledgeable of standards of practice as outlined in professional practice organizations related to clinical setting.
STANDARD III – HWS/ Hospital/Department Policies & Procedures
• Supports, implements and ensures compliance with all HWS/Hospital and regulatory/accrediting agency standards, regulations and policies and procedures.
• Ensures accuracy, timeliness and completeness of documentation and work performed per Hospital policy.
• Utilizes appropriate resources and hospital policies as the “standard of care” for positive patient outcomes.
STANDARD IV – Organizational Ethics/Improving Organizational Performance
• Supports HWS and Hospital’s mission, vision and values.
• Conduct reflects HWS values; accepts the responsibility to act with absolute integrity, work as a unified team, learn and transfer that knowledge across the continuum, have accountability to all that we serve, and treat everyone with dignity and respect.
• Demonstrates compliance with the Ethics and Compliance Program, policies, directives and Code of Conduct training.
• Maintains privacy and confidentiality of patient, client, employees and organizational information in verbal, written and electronic form. Limit access to information on a job-related need to know basis. Complies with HWS/Hospitals risk management program-timely/accurate occurrence reporting. Demonstrates understanding and involvement with Performance Improvement.
STANDARD V – Position Specific Essential Performance Criteria
Performs position specific job functions at an acceptable level with minimal direction. Primary responsibilities for a Transporter encompass but not intended to be all-inclusive;
• Patient Rights – Demonstrating awareness and respect for the patient/family/significant others dignity and values; identifies cultural and religious needs, emotional and language barriers, physical, cognitive, psychological and educational limitations. Knowledgeable of patient’s rights, protection of patient security, privacy and confidentiality in all aspects of care.
• Job Responsibilities – Responsible in the collection and reporting of patient data as it relates to; Patient transportation/location, pain, risk to fall, changes in patients condition and identification of patient needs requiring intervention of other team members Knowledgeable of documentation systems utilized to chart observations and data gathered related to care provided and supply acquisition.
• Care of the Patient – Provides care as appropriate according to the age-specific patient plan of care. Able to recognize the need for and use of designated equipment in providing patient care and resuscitation efforts. Provides patient safety at all times during transport. Accepts delegation within scope of practice and able to prioritize care within acceptable time frames.
• Patient/Family Education - Provides patient teaching in easy to understand terms and documents the teaching provided. Explanations of all procedures are given to patients before care is provided.
• Continuum of Care - Collaborate with healthcare team by communicating information as appropriate.
STANDARD VI – Age Specific Essential Performance Criteria
Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care based on physical, psycho/social, educational safety and related criteria, appropriate to the age of the patients served in his/her assigned position. The skills and knowledge needed to provide such care may be gained through education, training or experience.
Job Type: Full-time